Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Watchmen

I have a new favorite movie. No, I don't mean "omg I just saw the greatest movie and I, like, love it!" No this is the tip of the top for me. Not only does this movie seem to speak to me specifically, but it is so beautifully done that I felt like a child the whole time I was in the theater. Well both times, since I've seen it twice so far. (Go IMax, it's worth the few extra bucks.) I was in complete awe at the intricate and twisted psyches of the characters. They were all so different, embodying a specific personality trait or combination of traits that we all have parts of. Seeing life in such extremes as black and white. Being stuck in the pergatude of the grey. Knowing all yet becoming so emotionally detached and losing touch with humanity and who you really are. Being a complete realist. Following in empty footsteps. I fell in love with the slightly over weight Night Owl and his receding hairline. I would give everything to be able to converse with Dr. Manhattan. I pitied Rorschach and the comedian. I understood Silk Spectre. And Ozymandias was able to make a decision none of us would be able to make. I know, I sound like a pathetic uber nerd, but it even has an awesome soundtrack to go with it, complete with Jimi Hendrix, Simon and Garfunkle, Bob Dylan, and Nat King Cole.

Just go see it.

No comments: