Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You Are Amazingly Popular (Google It)


Ok. I'm obsessed. I know this because I recently purchased a magazine solely because Robert Pattinson's face graced its cover. I don't read GQ, I'm not a dude, and I don't consider myself preppy. After reading the brief story about the sexy cinema vampire, I tossed the magazine onto my dresser with no desire to ever open the pages again. Until today. I'm at the office for 8 excruciating hours so I need all the distractions I can get. Amazingly enough, I found an interesting and slightly amusing letter from the Editor-in-Chief, Jim Nelson.

It starts off with: "Have you been feeling more... popular lately? I'm here to tell you, it's an illusion. You are not any more popular than you have ever been. It's scientifically proven! An eye opening new study reveals that if you spend a lot of time on Facebook and other social networking sites, chances are you're alienated, lonely, and quite possibly demented."

Ouch.

And he then proceeds to go on about the different studies mixed with witty banter... etc etc.
He's pretty funny. Check him out.

No comments: