Thursday, June 18, 2009

Quite the opposite of decent.

Yesterday was quite the opposite of decent. I woke up at the ass-crack of dawn to take my father to the air port, which ended up making me very late to the office. After eight frustrating hours, I clocked out and drove straight to Hooters to get ready there. Apparently I've gained a couple of pounds, which is the equivalent of 10-15 Hooters pounds. Throughout that evening I had to put up with a lingering table that thought it was hilarious to tell me I should work at "Booties." Haha guys...never heard that one before. I proceeded to mysteriously loose $100 from my money book and was walked out on by two guys I was horribly attentive and nice to. I didn't receive a break that night because it was assumed that I would be cut early, so Head Wait and my manager nearly flipped out when they realized I was about to cross into the 6 hour-you-must-have-a-break-to-work-any-longer time limit. On top of that I lost my voice and I still can't hear very well out of my left ear. "I'm almost afraid to get in my car and drive home." I said to my sympathetic manager. After cashing out, I walked away with negative 37 dollars.

But I received no write up and I still have my job. And I'm thankful for that.

I sent a text to my boyfriend about my not so very good night and drove home in silence, trying to clear my thoughts. "GOOSFABA" I thought to myself, quoting Jack Nicholson from Anger Management. At home I tried releasing some stress on the piano, but as it was well past midnight and my motor skills weren't functioning properly, I began to get ready for bed, impatiently looking to my phone every few minutes to see if my boyfriend had written me back. He did. Sort of. But he was preoccupied with some friends I guess. The final slap in the face. I turned on the soundtrack to twilight and begged my body to sleep, hoping that forgoing dinner would help slim me up for my next shift.

I can't wait until I am in a professional career. I am counting down the days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor thing. I hope your girl's night makes life better!

G.H. said...

Lame. I'm sorry.
I agree with you about finally being in a professional career. I'm counting down to the day I never have to wait another table.